AB HR Solutions
HR Support for business – practical and pragmatic
- Re-structuring, re-organisation and redundancy
- Discipline and grievance
- Managing absence
- Settlement agreements
- HR Policy and procedure
- HR Training, coaching and mentoring
- Personal Career Transition
- Leadership development
Adrian Berwick is an MCIPD qualified Human Resources professional with a generalist HR background gained in numerous sectors including Property and Facilities Management, B2B, Distribution, Logistics and Retail. He has experience in various types of business in the private sector including VC/Private equity, PLC as well as significant experience of PFI/PPP arrangements.
HR expertise ranges from input on senior level strategic planning through to practical advice on employee relations issues including dismissal, TUPE, disciplinary and grievance, ill health case management, recruitment, remuneration, benefits and terms and conditions of employment.
An experienced HR Director, his experience spans senior HR roles in the private sector including Graham Builders Merchants, Schindler Lifts Ltd, Thirsty Work Water Coolers and Bellrock Ltd, a leading provider of Property and Facilities Management.
Specifically his HR experience includes
- Employee Relations – handling large caseloads of Disciplinary, Grievance and dismissal issues in both unionised and non-unionised environments
- Redundancy and site closures
- Project managing re-organisation and re-structuring exercises, TUPE transfers
- Settlement agreement negotiations
- HR strategies, policies and procedures to fit business goals
- Working closely with CEOs and MDs to re-structure senior teams
- Development of processes for managing absence and long term ill health case management
- Performance management/PDR processes
- Development of bonus and commission arrangements to suit business goals
- Talent management, people and career development
- Developing an HR function to suit business needs
- Recruitment campaigns and assessment centres
- Coaching/mentoring of HR professionals as well as HR skills training for line management
- HR aspects involved in the sale, purchase, merger, acquisition and disposal of business including due diligence
Adrian has significant experience of working with General Practice, specifically Doctors Surgeries providing HR Support including back office re-organisation and Practice mergers.
Having a strong operational and commercial background, Adrian is also able to position himself as a “sounding board” for the CEO, MD or business owner by being a trusted mentor and offering an independent perspective in the strictest of confidence.
The principle behind AB Commercial HR Solutions is that whilst many Companies are too small to have an established HR function, the business still needs HR Manager support but on an “ad hoc” basis. Similarly, there are busineses who have an HR presence but, for whatever reason, they may need additional support to manage peaks of workload or more complex issues.